The sun radiates energy on the earth’s surface. Dig one metre down, and the ground is a thermal store from which we can extract free energy. When we install a ground source heat pump, we lay loops of pipes in the ground, or we place them in a bore hole up to 200m deep. The pipes contain a liquid which absorbs the ground heat, however it is very important not to over extract this natural resource and we at Ardenham Energy give careful consideration to the design of any ground collector to be sustainable for at least 25 years. The ground collector provides the heat source for a heat pump located inside the property.
Ground source heat pumps are silent with negligible maintenance needs and costs and no visible external units. Ground source heat pumps can be installed in existing properties, and are particularly recommended for new builds and larger homes or business/community use premises.
Because of the constant level of heat, ground source heat pumps are even more efficient than air source heat pumps, though they cost more to install. Once installed and operating, you can expect a cut in fuel bills of between 35% and 70%.
Ardenham Energy offers a full heat pump design and installation service to customers throughout the country, with offices in the South, South West, Midlands, East Anglia and the North. Our customers like the security of dealing with a nationwide company, while having the reassurance of local project management, installation and on-going service support.
Heat pumps meet the needs of a wide range of properties
- Proven technology
- Fits your current heating system
- Saves between 30% and 70% on existing bills
- 25 year lifespan, low maintenance
- 400% efficient
- Reduces local carbon emissions to zero
- Ground source heat pumps enhance property values
- Generous grants available
- Swimming pool heating and dehumidifiers
- No fire or safety risks
We have installed over 1,500 solar PV, solar thermal and heat pump systems for satisfied customers throughout the UK.
- We have a network of directly-employed local sales and installation teams across the country.
- We are manufacturer independent and therefore supply the best solution for the job.
- We were the first company in the UK to be awarded MCS accreditation, which we have held since 2007.
- We will give you a free survey, a free quotation, free structural survey and a free EPC inspection along with helpful, obligation-free advice on which renewable technology best suits your needs.
For further information or to to discuss a commercial project with one of our engineers, please fill out our Quick Quote form or call us us on 0800 369 8986
Call Me Back
Fill in the form below and we will call you back to discuss your requirements.
From beginning to end everything has gone like clockwork. Service and attention to detail has been superb.
Gordon & Sylvia Gerry, Banbury. View all testimonials